in order to activate Webroot on a computer, simply download and run the installer file and enter your key code. To have download and installation instructions , see below
- First of all , click on the link //www.webroot.com/safe
- And on this page the download file is already there and it will be downloaded automatically if you have a google chrome browser .
- If you are using internet explorer (blue E) then a it will show you a option to save in the bottom. You need to click on save.
- Now it will show you another option to run you just need to click on run.If you do not find the download file , then you just need to press ctrl+j at the same time in order to open your download.
- If you successfully run the download file then it will show you a box , where you can put your keycode.( Keycode is a 20 digit alphanumeric set which is on the back of your card)
- Press agree and install
- Finally Now your computer will prompt and you need to click on “yes”.
Webroot key code activation , Webroot Software licenses are transferrable to a new computer, as long as your subscription is still active.
Webroot key code activation (transfer)
To transfer your software, follow these steps:
- Locate your key code and write it down. The key code is a string of 20 alphanumeric characters. It is unique and holds the information in regards to your subscription.
- Your key code was sent to you in an email from Webroot (if you purchased the product online).
- or it is printed on a package insert or the CD sleeve (if you purchased the product from a store).
- Now If you currently have a Webroot SecureAnywhere installed on your computer, you can also view the key code from the main interface by opening Webroot and clicking My Account.
- If your license is for only one computer, or if your license is for multiple computers and you have installed it on the maximum number of systems.
- you must uninstall the software from your old computer before installing it on the new one (if your old computer is in a non-bootable state, you may skip this step).
To uninstall the Webroot software,
- go to the Windows Start menu,
- select All Programs (or Programs)
- , select the Webroot software,
- and select the Uninstall option.
To get started with the online backup system, you click a button to log in to your Webroot account online and follow the prompts. Once you finish, you have a new folder named Webroot Anywhere. Whatever you put in this folder syncs to the Webroot cloud, in encrypted form. It also shows up in the Webroot Anywhere folder on your other devices. The Panda Cloud Drive component in Panda Gold Protection works in a similar fashion.